Getting back to my roots, I am reviving my weekly links post with a Seinfeldian twist. The ongoing series will be categorized under Linkworthy and if you don’t see the correlation to Seinfeld..shame on you..here, catch up to the rest of us 😉 (yea yea I’m obsessed)
So this week we have a pretty good mix of fun, ranting and creative posts.
My personal favorite this week is from the Weakenomics titled: I’m Sick Of Tipping. I am right there with ya Phil. I live in an area where the food quality is horrible at nearly all the food places and the service is not only slow but the servers all have a huge attitude about everything.
Since when should I get attitude for asking for a new spoon or more napkins? If I want to sit in a booth and not at a table, that my right as a paying customer! And I have a hard time not tipping because that’s how I was raised but if someone is giving me horrible service, kiss that tip goodbye (ok I can count the outings I didn’t tip on one hand but grr!). It’s called gratuity for a reason. Here’s a quick exerpt from the article:
Tipping should be earned, and in my opinion unless the person makes minimum wage or a server’s wage, they must make a compelling argument to deserve a tip at all. In other words, their service must blow me out of the water.
That quote nails it. Blow me out of the water or don’t expect a 20% tip.
And the rest of the articles:
- Patrick talks about How to Lower Your Cell Phone Bill over at CashMoneyLife. I made some comments there about my switch to prepaid wireless.
- David at The Good Human discusses using Green as an advertising ploy in We Don’t Need A “Green” Everything.
- The Debt Hawk details 7 Great Ways to Save A Raise
- Mrs. Micah discusses the new legislation about overdraft fees in Should You Be Able to Overdraft Your Checking?
- ..and the Dead Horse. This post is from Mr. I at Blogging With Success and I won’t spoil the story for you but it’s both fun and informative.
That’s it for this week.
Tags: blogging, cell phone, cell phone bill, correlation, dead horse, exerpt, food places, food quality, gratuity, greenwash, hard time, hawk, horrible service, Linkworthy, micah, minimum wage, nails, napkins, new legislation, overdraft fees, ploy, raise, save, shame, spongeworthy, spoon, tip