I’ve got a bit of catching up to do here 🙂 but I wanted to bring the light to some great articles I read during the last quarter of 2009. My personal favorite for this group has to be Anna’s article from ABDPBT titled What Everybody Ought To Know About Buying a New Mattress, my favorite for obvious reasons.
Anna’s post gives some tips about how to deal with the salesmen and gives some info about the mattress industry that I certainly didn’t know. Check out the article, especially point #1 and if you’re still not convinced that you should start saving and eventually throw out that twenty year old mattress and invest in your health a bit more often, check out this other article from Anna about living luxuriously without mortgaging your family’s future.
And some other greats from approximately the same time period…
- DINKS Finance discusses Couples Finance. Michael talks about the dynamics between he and his wife when dealing with their family finance, how that effects their relationship and how their relationship and individual personalities effect their finances. I think they have a pretty good system going and one we can all take note of, especially this line right here, “The only suggestion that I would stress would be to communicate with your partner“.
- More on household finances, My Money Blog shows How to Create a Completely Automated Financial Household. There, an imaginary couple is used to portray many different methods and products that can help automate your finances to a very fine point. I think this is a great idea and have done automation on our finances to some degree.
- On the other hand of financial sense there is the world of consumerism. Financial Freak Show talks about how ever since he embarked on his journey against debt, the commercials and marketing ploys of the world seem ever louder and more aggressive. Don’t give in! It’s all worth it in the end.
- Frugal Dad gives some great advice most of us can use titled How To Not Suck at Everything. This was actually a guest post but talks about things you can do to feel better about yourself and improve your life. Tips include telling yourself why you love you, stop measuring yourself up to others, and laugh at yourself.
And for the catching up part, I wanted to link back to a few posts that focused on someone I love…me! 🙂
- Len Penzo let me throw some questions at his magic 8 ball that pertained to predictions for 2010. The ball had some pretty interesting things to say.
- Brian at My Next Buck was gracious enough to let me share one of my big money mistakes with his readers in his Financial Foul Up series. This gives me another opportunity to laugh at myself I guess 🙂
- Kelly at Almost Frugal let me share a little about myself and tell about how I am trying to be more frugal in my life in her This is What Frugal Looks Like series.
It’s been a very eventful 2010 so far and I am still working on getting all caught up with everything but I’m on my way there and should become more regular around here soon.
Image by geishaboy500 br>
Tags: automation, blog, buying a new mattress, commercials, couples, dad, family finance, financial sense, freak, household finances, journey, last quarter, marketing ploys, mattress industry, money, personalities, relationship, salesmen, same time period, suggestion