Well, it has been an exhausting holiday and once again, let me share a bit of what has been keeping me so busy lately.
Christmas was a blast, I worked up until Christmas day, but over the long weekend my family and I eat to our hearts content There was ham, and prime rib, and all the sides and extras one could hope for. The kids and wife were happy with their gifts and we did very will sticking to our budget. We actually were very under-budget this year and even returned some stuff already that didn’t fit. I am a real pain to shop for because I don’t give any tips, but my wife did great this year and surprised me with some really good stuff.
Over new years, the kids both fell asleep and my wife and I had a nice pleasant evening watching a movie together. My birthday wasn’t bad either and again, my wife had some surprises for me before I had to leave on a business trip that evening.
So I am out of town again, till tomorrow night if all goes well tomorrow. They are keeping me pretty busy here and I am looking forward to getting back into my normal routine.
I wanted to share my new years resolutions that pertain to this site:
- Post more often! I want to post approximately 250 times in 2010 over my previous 150 in 2009. That means more planning ahead and more writing which are both on my personal new years resolutions list.
- Reduce the stress. With planning ahead, I want to take better advantage of the modern blog platform and schedule posts ahead of time. I don’t want to be writing any posts the day I want to post them, unless of course its some spectacular news or something.
- Less Drafts! I currently have over 50 draft posts, some here in WordPress, some jotted down on paper, some in my phone. Most of them are only ideas or a few short sentences but I want zero old drafts by the end of 2010. I don’t mind having a few drafts on hand, but the number is getting out of hand and I need to be more ‘in the moment’ and get those finished.
- Series continuation. I want to make sure to continue the series I have started that I like such as Modest Meals and Linkworthy. I really enjoy doing them but they take a bit more time than a regular post, especially modest meals because I have to document as I cook. They are worth it though for you and me so they need to be a priority each week.
- Be more involved with others. This year I have really tried to stay up to date with other blogs I read and comment throughout the personal finance community but there are sometimes weeks that I go without reading my RSS feeds or visiting others blogs. Busy or not, I want to try and make that more of a priority.
- Be more focused. I have talked about my writing habits and how long it takes me to write a post. I want to keep chiseling away at that time, focusing on what I’m trying to say more than how I am saying it and write better posts through 2010.
- Build more relationships. Last of all, I want to continue to build relationships with you, my readers, and fellow bloggers, twitter follows and facebook friends. All of you have been great in keeping me inspired while writing this blog and I look forward to an even stronger relationship in 2010.
That about wraps up what I wanted to say today. I am excited about 2010 and have so far been keeping up with my personal goals. I hope to keep on track and make it a very productive year but will keep you updated on my goals as I see fit.
Happy new year!
Image by m_cygne br>
Tags: blog, budget, business trip, christmas, christmas day, finished series, good stuff, hearts content, new years resolutions, prime rib, sentences, series continuation, some surprises, stress, tomorrow night