Blogs are such an interesting thing. To think they were first started as a type of online journal called a web log, then that term was mashed together like so many others today and we get blog. Now the term is as common as ecommerce and just as powerful.
Blogs give breaking news, as seen in Egypt and all over the world, they are the voice of the people and can command change. They can be a learning tool or a means of entertainment. All that aside, what makes blogs really special is their ability to connect people because as I write this, I know that my readers, you, will read it. You know me through this blog and I know you through your comments.
So first I want to thank you all for reading, commenting, emailing and connecting with me on Twitter. I love being able to meet people from all over the world and getting your input on what direction this blog should go.
Today marks the second year of my blogging adventure. I had never written a blog before this (or anything else on the web for that matter) and since I started this blog I’ve written here as regularly as possible and have had the great opportunity to write for a dozen other blogs around the web. So lets check out some stats and fun facts before we get to the prizes.
On this blog:
- I’ve written 265 post.
- From those posts, you have commented 1907 times.
- 2159 of you follow @pffirewall on Twitter.
- 69 of you like the Personal Finance Firewall Facebook Page
- You have visited nearly 100,000 times in the past two years.
Of those visits, the posts you liked the most were:
- 5 Awesome Personal Finance Apps for Android
- 5 Financial Lessons Learned From Bambi
- 8 Steps to Insure A Seamless Switch From Old Bank To New
- Why I Went To College and Why You Shouldn’t
I’ve had such a great time here, love every minute and hope you have found value in your time spent here.
On that note, I’d like your help in decided where to go from here. What kind of posts do you like the most? Personal stuff, family finance, business ideas, opportunities, reviews? And what do you dislike?
That brings us to the giveaway
- $50 Amazon Gift Card from me
- 2 copies of Ramit Sethi I Will Teach You To Be Rich from me (2 winners)
- $30 Amazon Gift Card from Invest It Wisely
- $25 Amazon Gift Card and Book Emergency Money Resuscitation from Dean@Millionaire Nurse
- $25 Amazon Gift Card from Barb@Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance
- $20 Amazon Gift Card from Money Crashers
- $15 Amazon Gift Card from Suba@Wealth Informatics
- $15 Amazon Gift Card from Budgeting In The FunStuff
- $15 Gift Card from Mark@Buy Like Buffett
- $25 Gift Card from Sandy@Yes, I Am Cheap
- $15 Groupon Gift Certificate from Kay Lynn@Bucksome Boomer
- $15 Amazon Gift Card from Forest@Frugal Zeitgeist
- $15 Amazon Gift Card from KNS Financial
- $10 Amazon Gift Card from Ray@Squirrelers
- $10 Amazon Gift Card from Penny@The Saved Quarter
- Book: Your Money Ratios from Little House
- Book: Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk from My Journey To Millions
- Book: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Socially Responsible Investing by Ken Little from Jacob@My Personal Finance Journey
Here is how to enter
Simple comment below telling me what you want me to write about during the next year and do one or all of these ways to enter:
2. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet the sample below (3 entries)
$300+ in prizes @pffirewall 2 year blogoversary #giveaway event! Enter here http://bit.ly/gHvSFv pls RT
3. Like the Personal Finance Firewall FB Page (2 entries)
(TO GET CREDIT FOR YOUR ENTRY YOU MUST COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DID. I’m not Google.) sorry about the shouting 🙂
(If you are already a subscriber/follower/FB Fan just let me know in the comments and you get those entries)
BONUS: do anything to promote this giveaway and leave a comment, and I’ll give you an extra entry. That includes a blog post, daily tweets or sky writing (must be photographed). You can earn an extra 10 entries promoting however you like, but you MUST comment and let me know about your promo!
The details: 1) Contest ends February 25th, 2011 midnight MST. 2) Winners will be selected randomly and you will be notified by email of how to claim your prize by March 4th 3) Prizes will be held for 5 calendar days; if they aren’t claimed, new winners will be picked. 4) I reserve the right to reject comments that I consider spam. 5) Invalid or incorrect email address automatically disqualifies you from the drawing.
Thanks again for all your support over these past two years and I can’t wait to see how the next two turn out!